HPE Aruba-Silver Peak
Circuits are very unpredictable and SD-WAN makes them predictable
SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) has been around for over 15 years now. Not all SD-WAN architecture and technology are the same. An SD-WAN solution optimally routes application flows to intended destinations over multiple different media transports.
Some examples, MPLS, Internet, Private lines, LTE, etc.
Every provider of SD-WAN product is different. However, the primary function of SD-WAN is to offer improved application performance and availability across the WAN, which also increases company employees and customer experience.
Packet-based vs. Session or flow-based
Correcting traffic with either Packet Duplication vs FEC (forward error correction)
Packet Duplication needs more bandwidth
FEC uses CPU at endpoints
Six, SD-WAN basic questions we will ask you...
1. Business Drivers; Reduce WAN cost, Enhanced application experience, or Reduce complexity?
2. Cloud applications, what are they?
3. How many locations need to VPN to HQ?
4. The number of remote users?
5. Do you want the ability for traditional WAN optimization?
6. What is your firewall situation (make/model), and is it managed in-house or outsourced?